AeroChamber Plus Z Stat Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber
The AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber (AVHC) with Mouthpiece works with a Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI) to maximize delivery of medication to lungs, with minimal waste or deposits on the throat and tongue. This air chamber for inhalers holds any remaining small particles not inhaled the first time, so patients with low PEFs can take more than one breath per puff of medicine administered. Suitable for adults and young adults.
This product provides relief from: Asthma
AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber (AVHC) with Mouthpiece, has earned wide acclaim by patients, caregivers and the medical community at large as one of the most widely accepted spacers on the market today. Used in conjunction with a pressurized metered dose inhaler (pMDI or just MDI), the AeroChamber Z Stat AVHC is an aerosol delivery device designed to make respiratory medications even more effective. Using just an MDI inhaler alone means more medication collects in the mouth and throat, which not only brings the potential for discomforting side effects, but also means less medicine reaches the lungs.
In contrast, the AeroChamber Z Stat AVHC maximizes delivery of medication to the lungs by separating small medication particles from large. As the patient inhales, the smaller particles float out of the chamber's one-way valve into the respiratory tract where they easily reach areas of the lungs that need it most. The Z Stat chamber holds any remaining small particles not inhaled the first time, which allows the patient to take more than one breath per puff of medicine administered. This is especially helpful for those who cannot achieve a high peak expiratory flow (PEF), and assures the maximum amount of prescribed medicine gets to the lungs for optimum benefit. Suitable for adults and young adults. This model does not come with a mask. Box contains one (1) AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber with Mouthpiece.
The AeroChamber Plus Z Stat Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber also comes in a pediatric model with an integrated Medium-Size ComfortSeal® Mask (no mouthpiece). This model is suited for smaller children who lack the techniques and coordination skills required for effective inhaler treatments using a mouthpiece. (Sold separately.)
Why AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® AVHC?
- Anti-Static Chamber:
- Unlike static-prone chambers, where static-charged aerosol particles attach to the chamber walls, the Z Stat's anti-static chamber minimizes static charge, increasing aerosol suspension time within the chamber and making more medication available.
- The clear polymer chamber allows you (or a provider) to see the medication from the MDI inhaler enter the chamber. A provider can also watch the chamber's valve open and close to ensure proper breathing technique is being followed.
- Flow Dynamic Valve and Baffle System:
- Ensures only the right-sized particles exit the chamber through inhalation
- Is low resistance, opening easily to allow patient to inhale without difficulty
- Is a one-way valve that:
- Allows patient to inhale smaller medication particles for targeted and fast delivery to the lungs.
- Prevents patient from exhaling into the chamber, which leaves any remaining medication in the chamber available for the patient's next breath.
- Reinforced Universal pMDI Adapter – Fits most commonly prescribed pMDIs, with easy insertion and removal.
- FLOWSIGnal® Whistle:
- After MDI has been depressed, sounds a whistle to alert if you're inhaling too fast.
- Helps to promote proper breathing technique when transitioning from a mask to a mouthpiece.
- Extensively Tested with Medications:
- In addition to being tested in vitro with all commonly prescribed pMDI medications for respiratory therapy, the AeroChamber Z Stat AVHC has also been extensively tested in vivo with Floventi, Alvesco, QVAR, Serevent, and Albuterol.
- Recommended by Doctors and Leading Metered Dose Inhaler companies
- Consumer Friendly:
- Attractive design
- BPA and Latex free
- Easy-to-read instructions
- Simple to use and maintain
- Dishwasher-safe components
- Designed to last for approximately 1 year
- Suitable for adults and young adults
- Made in USA:
- Manufactured in the US (using US and Canadian components) by Monaghan Medical Corporation, a company with 25 years of combined experience in aerosol drug delivery devices and asthma management products, including holding chambers.
Directions for Use:
Please see the Owner's Manual tab for instructions on using and cleaning the AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® AVHC∗ with Mouthpiece. Please remember to carefully read all instructions that come packaged with the product, as well as any instructions that come with your Metered Dose Inhaler (MDI).
∗ AVHC = Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber
- This device can be used right out of the box.
- This device has no moving parts (with the exception of the 1-way valve, which moves through inhalation).
- The protective cap should always be placed over the mouthpiece when not in use.
General on Cleaning:
- Clean the device weekly, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- When disassembling, remove the backpiece only. Do not attempt to remove the mouthpiece or tamper with valve or disassemble the product beyond what is recommended, as damage may result.
- Do not run water through the holding chamber at high pressure, as this can damage the valve.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack only).
Below, for your convenience, please find the Monaghan Part #, Description and HCPCS Code for this item. For information about Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, please visit www.cms.gov. For information about reimbursement from private health plans, please contact your health insurer or plan administrator.
|Part #||Description||HCPCS Code|
|79710||AeroChamber Plus Z Stat Valved Holding Chamber
(spacer, without mask, for use with metered dose inhaler)
Click here to view the Instructions for Use plus Cleaning Instructions for the AeroChamber Plus® Z Stat® AVHC∗ with Mouthpiece.
∗ AVHC = Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber