OptiChamber Diamond VHC for Metered Dose Inhalers
The Philips Respironics OptiChamber Diamond VHC (Valved Holding Chamber) makes it easier to use Metered Dose Inhalers, and allows more respirable drug to be delivered, while increasing patient compliance. Low-resistance valves open freely, supporting even those with low pediatric pressure and flows. For adults and children ages 5 and up.
This product provides relief from: Asthma
The intuitive design of the Philips Respironics OptiChamber Diamond VHC (valved holding chamber) allows more respirable drug to be delivered, makes it easier to use, and increases patient compliance. The clear, anti-static chamber and a low resistance expiratory valve help measure breath count and breath hold. For use with inhaled steroids and long-acting and rescue pressurized metered dose inhaler (pMDI) medications. Potentially more respirable drug delivered with the OptiChamber Diamond than with a pMDI alone. With quality and reliability you can trust from Philips Respironics. Replace after one year. Box contains one (1) OptiChamber Diamond VHC (single-patient use).
Why OptiChamber Diamond?
- Clear, anti-static valved holding chamber (VHC) delivers consistent aerosol therapy and is ready to use right out of the box
- Low resistance inspiratory and expiratory valves open freely, even under low pediatric pressures and flows
- Highly visible expiratory valve helps measure breath count and breath hold
- Uniquely designed stepped mouthpiece:
- accommodates even smaller mouths
- facilitates transfer from pediatric mask to mouthpiece
- allows attachment to a 22mm connector
- Integrated high flow whistle aids patient training of proper breathing technique
- Tethered cap prevents germs and foreign matter from entering the device
- Adapter securely holds the pMDI in place
- Flat bottom maintains stability and prevents rolling
- Smaller, more intuitive design built for patient comfort
- Stepped mouthpiece accommodates many mouth sizes
- Can be used at home, the hospital or clinic
- Easy disassembly for cleaning (hand wash only)
- Compatible with all Respironics LiteTouch VHC masks
- Recommended for adults and children ages 5 and up
- Replace every year
- Latex free
Specifications for the OptiChamber Diamond Valved Holding Chamber (VHC)
|• Volume:||140 ml|
|• Length:||5.6 inches|
|• Mouthpiece:||Interfaces with 22mm standard connectors|
|• Life span data:||Replace after 1 year|
|• Ambient Temperature:||0°F to 140°F (-18°C to 60°c)|
|• Relative Humidity:||95%|
|• Chamber:||Anti-static Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)|
Directions for Use:
Please see Owner's Manual tab for full instructions on the OptiChamber Diamond VHC (valved holding chamber).
- Carefully read and follow all instructions that come in the box before using this product. Also follow manufacturer's instructions that come with the pMDI (pressurized meter dose inhaler), and always follow your physician's instructions.
- Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by children or those with special needs.
- Please keep out of reach of children.
- It is recommended that you clean this device once a week according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not remove the valves from the OptiChamber Diamond VHC during cleaning. Hand wash only. Do not boil, sterilize or wash in a dishwasher.
Below, for your convenience, please find the Respironics Part #, Description, NDC and HCPCS Codes. For information about Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, please visit www.cms.gov. For information about reimbursement from private health plans, please contact your health insurer or plan administrator.
|Part #||Description||NDC Code||HCPCS Code(s)|