GermGuardian GG1000 UV-C Plug-In Air Sanitizer
The GermGuardian® GG1000 Plug-In UV-C Air Sanitizer is outstanding at helping to maintain a germ-free home. It quietly kills over 98% of bacteria and viruses, plus deodorizes and freshens air without the use of chemicals. Adjustable prongs give you 3 ways to plug it into any 120V AC wall outlet. Designed to be run continuously with low energy use. 7.5"H x 3"W x 3.2"D.
This product provides relief from: Bacteria & Germs
GermGuardian® GG1000 Plug-In UV-C Air Sanitizer by Guardia Technologies™ gets right to the heart of the problem of germ spread and contamination. Powerful UV-C ultraviolet light naturally has a wavelength in a range ideally suited for rendering microorganisms like bacteria and viruses harmless. When a germ or biological contaminant comes into contact with UV-C radiation, it destroys the genetic information in that organism's DNA that would otherwise allow it to reproduce, thereby destroying it. Simply plug the GermGuardian GG1000 into an outlet, let it run continuously, and as air passes through it, the germicidal nature of UV-C quietly and effectively works to eliminate 98% of the airborne biological threats that exist in targeted areas of our homes, schools and workplaces. The GG1000 GermGuardian pluggable UV-C air sanitizer not only sanitizes, but also battles organic and/or biological odors, leaving air feeling uniquely fresh. The GermGuardian UV-C room air sanitizer is designed to be run continuously. 1-Year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty (all parts, except bulb).
- The GermGuardian UV-C air sanitizer destroys up to 98% of airborne germs and biological contaminants
- Great for kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, nursery, pet areas, dorm rooms, anywhere there are germs and odors
- Uses same UV-C technology as hospitals, clinics and labs to eradicate problematic bacteria and viruses
- Designed and recommended for continuous use
- Processes 456 cubic feet of air per hour
- Sanitizes without the use of harsh chemicals
- Freshens and deodorizes as it works
- Discrete and very quiet
- 3-step process:
- Unit's fan draws in air from bottom
- UV-C sanitizes the air by bombarding and killing germs
- Clean, germ-free air is released into room from top
- Plugs directly into polarized 120V AC electrical outlet – a ring of blue light signifies the unit is on
- Adjustable prongs let you plug it in 3 different ways
- 3.5W UV-C bulb lasts 4000 to 5000 hours ∗
- Replace UV-C bulb approximately every 6-8 months, depending on use
- Maintenance free (except for periodic bulb replacement)
- Easy bulb change
- No ozone emission
- Low power usage
- Size: 7.5"H x 3"W x 3.2"D
- Weight: approx. 1 lb
|∗ Note:||While the UV-C bulb is rated to last for up to 5000 hours, over time it will begin to lose intensity (approx. 15% loss at 4000 hours). Therefore, to maintain optimum performance, the recommendation is to replace the bulb approximately every 6-8 months, depending on use. If the light begins to flicker or change color, it is time to replace the bulb.|
Please see Owner's Manual tab for operating and care instructions for the GermGuardian® GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer, including precautions and full instructions on changing the UV-C bulb.
UV-C Bulb Replacement:
- Please carefully read and follow all instructions and warnings provided by the manufacturer before using or servicing this product.
- Replace the UV-C Air Sanitizer Bulb (Guardian Technologies™ part #LB1000)∗ approximately every 6 months, depending on use.
- Replacing the UV-C Bulb is easy. The sanitizer's top cap will need to be removed (requires removal of one (1) Phillips-head screw) in order to access the UV-C bulb.
- Discard the used bulb following the recommended disposal procedure for a used fluorescent bulb.
- WARNING: Be sure to unplug the air sanitizer from the power outlet before servicing or replacing the UV-C bulb. Never clean the bulb, bulb holder or cylinder with water or wet solutions, as this could cause electrical shock. Never operate the sanitizer without the cover in place. Never look directly at an unprotected, lit UV-C bulb, as direct exposure can be harmful to the eyes and skin.
Click here to view the Owner's Manual for the GermGuardian® GG1000 Plug-In UV-C Air Sanitizer.