3M 6291 P100 Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator - Medium Size
The 3M™ 6291 Half Face Respirator Mask with P100 Filters is NIOSH approved. This 3M™ mask is a comfortable, lightweight alternative to more expensive respirators to help protect against inhalation of a hazardous atmosphere and certain airborne particles. Respiratory protection may also be helpful in providing a barrier to help prevent infectious materials from contacting the wearer’s mucous membranes such as droplets containing the Ebola virus that have become aerosolized (e.g. coughing, sneezing, etc.) and may have the potential to come into contact with a person’s mucous membranes in their nose or mouth.
This product provides relief from: Asthma, Bacteria & Germs, Dust Allergies, Dust Mites, Mold & Mildew, Pet Dander, Pollen
3M™ 6291 P100 Reusable Respirator Mask - Medium Size, will help protect against inhalation of a hazardous atmosphere and certain airborne particles . The NIOSH P100-rated∗ respirator reduces inhalation exposure from allergens, dust, bacteria, viruses, mold, oil and non-oil based mists, and more. Particulate respirators are designed to help reduce the wearer’s exposure to certain airborne particles. However, droplets containing the Ebola virus that have become aerosolized (e.g. coughing, sneezing, etc.) may have the potential to come into contact with a person’s mucous membranes in their nose or mouth. Therefore, respiratory protection may be helpful in providing a barrier to help prevent infectious materials from contacting the wearer’s mucous membranes. The reusable half face respirator mask comes with a set of P100 filters, and is recommended for working around dust, molds, pets, garage or workshop. The 6291 P100 is well suited for those who want NIOSH's highest-rated filtration efficiency (99.97% of particles to 0.3 microns – the HEPA standard), including for particles and oil-based liquid aerosols. Single Reusable Mask Assembly ‒ Available in Medium size only- Latex free.
|∗||NIOSH's P100 rating encompasses and exceeds N95 and N100 in filtration ability. The "P" stands for oil-proof, which means this product not only filters 99.97% of non oil-based particles to 0.3 microns, but also offers added protection against liquid oil-based aerosol particles. "P100" means highest NIOSH filtration rating in this class.|
What comes with the 3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator?
- Box contains one (1) 3M™ 6291 Half Facepiece Respirator Assembly, which includes one (1) 3M™ Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6200 (size Medium), and two (2) 3M™ P100 Particle Filters 2091.
- Optionally Available (both sold separately):
- Replacement 3M™ P100 Particle Filters 2091 - 4-Pack - good to have on hand if filters get dirty or damaged or if breathing becomes difficult (which generally means it's time to change the filters).
- 3M™ 6001 Organic Vapor Cartridges - 2-Pack ‐ can be attached to the facepiece in place of the P100 filters for times when you need serious vapor, odor or fume filtration
- NIOSH P100 means rated for filtration of any particle, including oils, exceeding NIOSH N95 and N100 ratings
- Particle filtration efficiency of P100 filters also meets HEPA-level standard of 99.97% to 0.3 microns
- Soft facepiece and adjustable straps offer greater comfort and longer periods of wear
- Low-maintenance mask washes up easily in warm water
- Low profile design easily accommodates eyewear
- Lightweight styling increases wearability
- Medium size fits most faces
- Replace filters:
- if they become damaged, soiled or if increased breathing resistance occurs, or
- in environments containing only oily aerosols, replace after 40 hours of use or 30 days (whichever is first)
- Contains no Fiberglass
- Latex free
Particles, such as those from pollen, dust, grinding, sweeping, sawing, bagging, or processing minerals, coal, iron ore, flour, metal, wood, and certain other substances. Liquids or non-oil based particles from sprays that do not also emit oil aerosols or vapors. For additional information on 3M use recommendations for this class of respirator, please consult the 3M Respirator Selection Guide found on the 3M OH&ESD web site at www.3M.com/occsafety or call 1-800-243-4630 in the U.S.A. In Canada, call 1-800-267-4414.
Do Not Use For:
Gases and vapors, oil aerosols, asbestos, or sandblasting; particulate concentrations that exceed either 10 times the occupational exposure limit or applicable government regulations, whichever is lower. In the U.S., do not use when OSHA substance-specific standards, such as those for arsenic, cadmium, lead in the construction industry, or 4,4’-methylene dianiline (MDA) specify other types of respiratory protection. This respirator does not supply oxygen.
This respirator can help reduce exposure to certain airborne biological particles (e.g., viruses, mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, etc.) but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting infection, illness or diseases. OSHA and other government agencies have not established safe exposure limits for these contaminants.
Please carefully read and follow the User Instructions provided with the product. You can additionally refer to the Owner's Manual tab to view instructions for the respirator and its replacement parts.
Cleaning the Facepiece:
Please refer to Owner's Manual tab for detailed cleaning instructions.
- Remove filters or cartridges.
- Wash facepiece in lukewarm water using a neutral cleaning solution, if necessary. Scrub with a soft brush until clean. Rinse in fresh, warm water, and air dry.
- Do NOT clean using detergents with lanolin or other oils.
- Do NOT clean with solvents, as these may degrade some respirator components and reduce respirator effectiveness.
Service Life of P100 Filters and 6001 Organic Vapor Cartridges:
- Replace filters if they become damaged, soiled or if increased breathing resistance occurs. In environments containing only oily aerosols, replace filters after 40 hours of use or 30 days, whichever is first.
- Organic Vapor Cartridges
- Cartridges should be used before the "use by" date shown on cartridge packaging. It is a good idea to write this date on the cartridge when you remove from the packaging.
- Replace cartridges if smell, taste or irritation by contaminants is detected.
- The service life of these cartridges will depend upon activity of wearer (breathing rate), specific type, volatility and concentration of contaminants, and environmental conditions, such as humidity, pressure and temperature.
- It is recommended to replace the respirator if it becomes damaged.
3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator
Please click on a link below to view User Instructions, Fitting Instructions or other information associated with the 3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator:
- User Instructions for 3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator
- Fitting Instructions for 3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator
- Overview of 3M™ 6000 Series Half Facepiece Reusable Respirators
- Inspection, Cleaning and Storage Procedures for 3M™ Reusable Respirators
Also available are User Instructions for the P100 particulate filters that come with the 3M™ 6291 P100 Particulate Respirator, and additionally for the optional 3M™ 6001 organic vapor cartridges: