Allergy & Asthma News
Allergy & Asthma Links
Allergy & Asthma Blog
- Allergy Bedding
- Air Purifiers
- Allergy Masks
- Asthma Treatment
- Babies and Children
- Bath and Body Products
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Cleaning Products
- Dust Mite Control
- Eczema Control
- Furnace Filters
- Pet Allergy Control
- Sinus Care
- UV Sanitizers
- Vacuum Cleaners
I NEED RELIEF FROM
Health Tip: What's Behind Frequent Nosebleeds?
They could mean a cold or allergy
(HealthDay News) -- Nosebleeds are common during childhood, especially during the preschool years. Though they can be scary, they usually aren't caused by a serious problem.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says common causes of nosebleeds include:
- Allergies or a cold, which can lead to nasal swelling or irritation.
- Trauma to the nose, from blowing too hard, picking or putting an object in the nose.
- Exposure to a very dry environment or harsh fumes.
- An abnormal anatomical structure of the nose.
- An abnormal growth inside the nose.
- A blood-clotting problem.
- Taking medication that dries out the nasal passages.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.