Allergy & Asthma News
Allergy & Asthma Links
Allergy & Asthma Blog
- Allergy Bedding
- Air Purifiers
- Allergy Masks
- Asthma Treatment
- Babies and Children
- Bath and Body Products
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Cleaning Products
- Dust Mite Control
- Eczema Control
- Furnace Filters
- Pet Allergy Control
- Sinus Care
- UV Sanitizers
- Vacuum Cleaners
I NEED RELIEF FROM
Health Tip: Treating Bronchitis
Suggestions to help you feel better
(HealthDay News) -- Bronchitis is a viral or bacterial infection that causes inflammation of the bronchial tubes, making breathing more difficult.
The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute recommends these steps to help cope with bronchitis:
- Get plenty of rest and drink plenty of fluids.
- Adults may want to take aspirin for fever; acetaminophen (never aspirin) for children.
- If your doctor suspects you have a bacterial infection, he or she may prescribe an antibiotic. An antibiotic will not help a viral infection, the most common cause of bronchitis.
- Run a humidifier or sit in a steamy bathroom to help open the airways.
- If your doctor approves, take a medication to control cough and inflammation.
- Avoid exposure to things that irritate your lungs, especially tobacco smoke.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.