Allergy & Asthma News
Allergy & Asthma Links
Allergy & Asthma Blog
- Allergy Bedding
- Air Purifiers
- Allergy Masks
- Asthma Treatment
- Babies and Children
- Bath and Body Products
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Cleaning Products
- Dust Mite Control
- Eczema Control
- Furnace Filters
- Pet Allergy Control
- Sinus Care
- UV Sanitizers
- Vacuum Cleaners
I NEED RELIEF FROM
Health Tip: Keep Pollen Under Control
To help manage allergy symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- It's impossible to avoid many types of seasonal pollen, but you can take steps to limit your exposure.
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences offers these suggestions:
- Avoid being outside between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. Pollen counts usually are lower during other hours, especially after a significant rain.
- During the warmer months, keep car and home windows closed, and run the air conditioning.
- Dry your clothes inside in an automatic dryer. If you hang clothing outside, pollen can collect on it and be carried into your home.
- Have someone else mow the lawn. Keep the grass cut short.
- When planting, look for varieties that are low pollen producers.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.