Allergy & Asthma News
Allergy & Asthma Links
Allergy & Asthma Blog
- Allergy Bedding
- Air Purifiers
- Allergy Masks
- Asthma Treatment
- Babies and Children
- Bath and Body Products
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Cleaning Products
- Dust Mite Control
- Eczema Control
- Furnace Filters
- Pet Allergy Control
- Sinus Care
- UV Sanitizers
- Vacuum Cleaners
I NEED RELIEF FROM
Health Tip: Manage Your Child's Allergy
Limit exposure to potential triggers
(HealthDay News) -- Nasal allergy symptoms may include a runny or stuffy nose, watery eyes and sneezing. They may be triggered by both indoor and outdoor allergens.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers this advice for managing nasal allergy symptoms in children:
- Have your child tested for allergens that are causing symptoms, and have the child avoid those triggers, if possible.
- If your child is allergic to animal dander, consider finding a new home for any existing pets.
- If your child is allergic to pests, call an exterminator.
- Reduce dust in the home with frequent cleaning, washing linens in hot water and using allergy-proof covers on pillows and mattresses.
- If the child is allergic to something outside, close the windows and run the air conditioner during hot weather.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.