Allergy & Asthma News
Allergy & Asthma Links
Allergy & Asthma Blog
- Allergy Bedding
- Air Purifiers
- Allergy Masks
- Asthma Treatment
- Babies and Children
- Bath and Body Products
- Bed Bug Prevention
- Cleaning Products
- Dust Mite Control
- Eczema Control
- Furnace Filters
- Pet Allergy Control
- Sinus Care
- UV Sanitizers
- Vacuum Cleaners
I NEED RELIEF FROM
Health Tip: Poor Air Quality Affects Kids With Asthma
You should limit their time outside
(HealthDay News) -- When the weather heats up and ozone infiltrates the air, kids with asthma should limit their time outside, experts say.
The Nemours Foundation offers these suggestions for the parents of asthmatic children when the air quality is poor:
- Run the air conditioner, and don't let your child spend too much time outside.
- If your kids participate in outdoor activities, limit them to the early morning hours and away from high-traffic areas.
- Talk to your child's sports coach about practicing in an indoor, air conditioned environment on very hot days. Send your child to practice with a rescue inhaler, just in case.
- Ensure that your home is well-ventilated, use an air purifier and avoid wood-burning fires inside the home.
- Discuss your child's asthma action plan with the pediatrician.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.